The mission of Wilderness Trace Solar is to furnish affordable and economical solar systems and equipment that meets or exceeds customer expectations for homes, businesses, and institutions in Central Kentucky.
The name “Wilderness Trace Solar” was inspired by the Wilderness Trace trail blazed by Daniel Boone in 1775. In the making of this trail, Boone left traces from Virginia, through the Cumberland Gap, and north to the Ohio River in Louisville. These trails were used by thousands of early pioneers to cross the dangerous wilderness of the Appalachians. Just as the trails were a bridge to new opportunities and a better life, we view our business as a pathway for helping people move towards a cleaner, more financially stable and energy-independent future.
- John Cotten – General Manager
- Danny Tolson – Installation Manager
- Nathan Riggs – Technical Designer
- Mike Carpenter – Sub Contracted Master Electrician
- Chris Tolson – Solar Installation
- Shawn Lane – Solar Installation
- Laura Zaspel – Office Manager
- Shannon Scott – Marketing Manager
- Ken Scott, Ph.D – Owner
- Paula Scott – Owner
Danville is located in the outer Bluegrass region of Central Kentucky, 45 minutes southwest of Lexington. Known as the “City of Firsts,” Danville was the first capital of Kentucky and has recently hosted two vice-presidential debates. Danville is also home to Centre College, the top-ranked school in the state, according to Forbes.